The organ was originally built in 1911 by the British Pianoforte Co. and rebuilt (in celebration of 100 years of Anglican teaching in Orange) in 1955. The left-hand photograph is by Trevor Bunning and is reproduced courtesy of the OHTA.
All materials used were obtained locally: clay for the bricks from nearby Borenore Creek (and were fired in a hired mobile kiln), large timbers from Mount Canobolas, and shingles were cut from a reserve several miles to the east.
The white marble font was crafted from marble quarried near Borenore Caves by Mr Rusconi, an Italian immigrant. Most of the wooden furniture was also made locally. Several of the stained glass windows were made by the late Philip Handel.
Services were conducted by all three denominations until after World War 2. Services are now held on the 3rd Sunday of every month at 8 a.m. with variations at Christmas and Easter.
About us >