Managers of The National Trust of Australia (NSW) Holy Trinity Church Conservation Appeal.
present church was opened for worship on 26th August 1879. Along with the original
church (the Bluestone Hall dating from 1858) and the 1865 Rectory, it comprises
an important historic precinct in the centre of the city. The Church has
high Victorian Gothic Revival walls and a 1924 War Memorial tower and spire.
When the tower renovation was completed a separate project saw the installation of a peal of eight bells. The bells were dedicated in 2007.
Since then a further $250,000 has been spent on other conservation work including, re-slating the roof of the Sanctuary and Priest Vestry, complete restoration of the interior of the Sanctuary and the main Arch, restoration of the badly deteriorated large sandstone rose window in the western wall and combating water penetration and rising damp.
The integrity of the conservation work at Holy Trinity is becoming well recognised and includes a Tidy Town Award and a first prize in the National Trust of Australia (NSW) Conservation-Built Heritage Awards in April 2012.
The Appeal has received much-appreciated grants from the NSW Office of Environment & Heritage totalling $160,000. The rest of the funding has come from personal donations.
The work of the Trinity Foundation is undertaken wholly with funds raised by these grants and donations made to the Appeal. Deposits are held in a bank account in the name of the Appeal and can only be withdrawn to pay for restoration work to the Church building and must first be approved by the Heritage Architect and signed off by the National Trust.
Some repair work to the main Church slate roof has been carried out but a total re-slate is required and is becoming urgent.
Those persons who wish to assist with the work of ensuring that this historic building is here for future generations, may like to make a tax-deductible donation to the Appeal by contacting the Parish Office on 6362-1623 or by downloading the attached donation slip.
About us >